7-Day Holiday Housecleaning Tips You Can Follow Before Christmas
Entertaining guests during the holiday season can be very stressful, most especially if your home is not always tidy. Fortunately, with our helpful house cleaning tips and plants, you can be able to make your home spiffy. Our 7 day holiday housecleaning guide provides steps to get your house clean. We also break down key areas of your house to clean to get ready for guests.
Cleaning Your Home for the Christmas Holidays
Preparing your house for overnight holiday guests or holiday parties can be really hectic. But, you can totally eliminate your cleaning chaos through dividing your home cleaning tasks into even doable segments. In this article, you will see a 7-day housecleaning plan in order to prepare your house before your guests arrive. Here, you will find simple yet effective solutions for tricky and stubborn stains as well as emergency holiday house cleaning guide in order to make sure that you’ll have a stress-free holiday entertaining.
7 Day Holiday Housecleaning Guide
Trying to get your house ready using our 7 day holiday housecleaning guide will take some time but the results will be worth it.
- With a visitor’s eye, walk through your house and make notes of all the imperfections that you might be used to. But that your guests may possibly notice, including your house plants with scattered dead leaves below it.
- Try to turn some do it yourself activities into do-it-ourselves tasks by gathering the members of your family and have them participate. In order to encourage them to help you, go over the house cleaning plan and assign appropriate chores for them. You should always remember that many hands can make the work lighter.
- Thoroughly vacuum your window screens and wash windows.
- Launder and press shower curtains and window curtains.
- Damp-mop the baseboards.
- Launder bedspreads if necessary.
- Thoroughly clean your medicine cabinets and bathrooms as some guests will really look at it.
- Organize and clean all the bedrooms in your house. Remove any clutter and store out of sight or donate if you like.
- Tidy up your coat closet in order to make room for the coats of your guests and you can also add extra hangers if necessary.
- Wash your throw rugs and then set aside so that they are fluffy and nice for the holiday party.
- Clean the stove top, range, grates, and surfaces.
- Clean out your refrigerator in order to make room for holiday party foods and dust the top area of your refrigerator.
- Wipe down all kitchen cabinets.
- Wipe down all small and large appliances.
- Consider taking recycling to appropriate recycling facilities or bins.
- Polish the doorknob, sweep entryway, as well as decorate the entry of your house with nice seasonal touches.
- Clean your dish drainer and kitchen sink.
- Dust all surfaces such as photo frames, art, and bookshelves. Do not forget your ceiling fans as well.
- Add fresh liners and clean trash receptacles.
- Wipe down any dirty spots in your bathroom with an effective yet save household cleaner as well as paper towels.
- Brush the toilets and put a toilet bowl cleaner.
- Wipe down the counters and mirrors in your bathroom. Wipe down bathroom floors using a damp towel too.
- Damp-mop the floor of your kitchen.
- Hang fresh and clean towels in your kitchen and put out some fresh hand soap.
- Dry-mop hardwood floors and vacuum your carpets.
- Decorate with special touches like candles or flowers.
- Fluff pillows and sofa cushions.
Christmas is almost here and it is always a good idea to prepare your home for Christmas by tidying and cleaning the different areas of it. Aside from a dependable 7 day holiday housecleaning guide for your holiday preparation, dividing up your tasks into different areas of your home will also make it much easier for you, which is why we have developed some helpful cleaning tips for the most important areas in your home.
Even if you are not expecting guests for the holidays, you must always expect the unexpected during the Christmas seasons. Whether it is a relative turning up unannounced or maybe a friend who visits you for the holidays and gets talked into sharing a bottle of festive wine with you and ended up unable to drive his or her way home, you might actually end up with more holiday guests than you have ever thought of. This means that you should always make sure that the guests bedroom is clean, tidy, and ready to receive holiday guests at just a moment’s notice.
If you are hosting a big Christmas dinner for your family this year, your kitchen will really be the center of your home. But, the kitchen is not just about cooking and preparing meals alone. As a matter of fact, it is also about hygienically and safely storing food. Also keeping your cutlery, glassware, as well as crockery shiny and clean.
Vacuuming is also considered as one of the most important house chores over Christmas in order to keep your leaving space more fresh and clean. Before the big day, it is also very important that you get your carpets clean and fresh. It is best if they are clean before your children sit on the floor playing with their presents and opening gifts. Furthermore, if you have rugs in your house, you should also vacuum its under sides and flip them over in order to remove as much dirt and dust as possible.
It is also very important that you clean your bathroom and prepare it for the holiday season. As a matter of fact, it is very important that you maintain the cleanliness of your bathroom throughout the holiday season. This is because your bathroom will not only be used by your friends and family, but it is also important that you keep your bathroom clean to prevent spreading germs and harmful bacteria around the house. This is the reason why it’s very important that you keep your bathroom clean not only during the holidays but all the time.
We hope these tips helped to keep get your house as clean as it would have with a professional house cleaning service in time for Christmas.