House Cleaning Checklist
Everyone enjoy a well-kept, tidy looking house for themselves but when it actually comes down to the cleaning part, procrastination tops the list of things to do. Cleaning a house requires good planning and our house cleaning checklist will help you stay on track. To begin with, you need to start going around the house to take a good look of what needs to be cleaned and whether you need to hire the services of house cleaning professionals or not. Once you are done investigating your house, a good idea would be to prepare a checklist of things to do so that you are well-prepared to start cleaning.
Here is a list of items and tasks that you might add to your checklist. Adding these to your house cleaning checklist before starting the job:
- Analyze the need for a deep cleaning professional service. Before you start cleaning your house yourself, you need to decide whether you can perform the task on your own. Or whether you will require the services of a deep cleaning professional. The reason for this is that you might actually want to take some time off and relax while the professionals complete the cleaning task for you. Professionals are good at what they do and they will probably clean the house better than you would yourself.
- Picking up the clutter that is in the way. Ensure that every little piece of unnecessary items lying around in every room has been picked up. Do this before you invite the house cleaning service professionals to your home. Or if you decide to start cleaning your house yourself. Anything that comes in the way will definitely cause annoyance and delay the task.
- Check your appliances around the house. Especially the kitchen, so that you have a good enough idea of which appliance needs to be cleaned thoroughly inside and out.
- Try to get rid of all the dirty laundry and wash it off before you start the house cleaning job.
- Add all the mirrors and windows and anything made of glass to the list. Ensure that your house cleaning professionals wash the glass around the house properly. Again, if you decide to complete the house cleaning yourself then ensure that you clean all the items made of glass thoroughly.
- Add vacuuming the vents and woodwork around the house in the list. This will help to get rid of dust and dirt from places you wouldn’t have otherwise cleaned on a regular basis.
- Add on descaling and polishing of counters to the list. You will need to polish the kitchen and bathroom counters after cleaning them to give them an overall renewed look.
- Clearing out the gutters is a very unpleasant task. Nevertheless it needs to be added to the cleaning list. Once you decide to get to cleaning, it is imperative you add all the unpleasant tasks to the list as well in order to get everything that had been laid off for months done and over with!
There are certain checklists you may want to divide on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. If you have a handy checklist of house cleaning tasks, for instance, that you want to get done daily you must note them down and attend to them daily. Making the bed, cleaning the dirty dishes, wiping down the kitchen should be done daily. Bathroom surfaces, mopping the floors around the house for example are all routine tasks to be tackled as needed. Monthly tasks would entail blinds cleaning, vents vacuuming, cleaning the dishwasher etc. Similarly, yearly tasks would include clearing out the refrigerator and cleaning it thoroughly inside out. Also cleaning the drapes and curtains and deep cleaning windows etc. It all depends on how frequently you’re willing to clean your house and whether you are employing the services of a house cleaning service for it or not.